September 6, 2007

Wagons--Day 6

Here is the list of wagons I've been on since september 1:

The Cheese Wagon
The Chocolate Wagon
The Fast Food Wagon
THE Wagon
The HFCS & Refined Sugar Wagon
The Soda Pop Wagon
The Pizza Wagon

P Bu, there is nothing wrong with riding the Cheese Wagon. As far as I'm concerned, the more people who are riding it, the less time I have to spend at the harness (and the more time I can be taking a nap in the back of the wagon). Though I guess that would depend on who else is on The Cheese Wagon--and whether there is just ONE cheese wagon and how many people the cheese wagon can comfortably hold.

As a semi-professional wagon rider, I feel that the cheese wagon is the toughest of all the wagons. there are a number of reasons for this, for starters you can eat cheese anytime or anyplace and not be scowled at (society frowns on those who drink alcohol at 9 a.m.), everyone eats cheese, it tastes f-ing great, and there are other reason too that I must come back to later because I have to go the the DMV.

Anyway, I hoped on another wagon: The High Fructose Corn Syrup Wagon (HFCS) and refined sugars wagon. Of all people, Anne Burnett got me thinking about this one several months ago. I've been on it for 6 days and feel pretty good. Like the Cheese Wagon, the HFCS Wagon is pretty difficult to ride just because of it's ubiquitiousness in almost everything. But it feels like i'm not so hungry anymore (one of the theories of HFCS and sugary foods is it spikes your blood sugar and triggers your body to start storing fat, as well as--for some reason that I don't understand--making you feel hungry sooner).

1 comment:

Not Jennifer Gibbs said...

"P Bu, there is nothing wrong with riding the Cheese Wagon. As far as I'm concerned, the more people who are riding it, the less time I have to spend at the harness (and the more time I can be taking a nap in the back of the wagon). Though I guess that would depend on who else is on The Cheese Wagon--and whether there is just ONE cheese wagon and how many people the cheese wagon can comfortably hold."

You know it's not a real wagon, right?